Friday, July 6, 2012

'Merica!

For the first time (at least in Olins short lifespan) we actually went to see a real fireworks display! This is the first year were we have felt that some major boom-age wouldn't scare the poo out of our precious tiny human. That, and Matt and I aren't much for pyrotechnics, especially on a small scale. I mean, whats the point? If you're going to blow stuff up, it should be the real deal not some meager small-spinning-fire-shooters! Okayyy, so maybe thats not COMPLETELY true, I do love me some sparklers, but professionals most certainly do it better.
So, we went to the Blues Festival at the Portland waterfront. It was pretty cool. We're not huge blues fans, at least not the countryish blues they were playing. We're more "folksy blues" people as Matt says. But, live music at festivals is good, entertaining music. More entertaining than the music, were the people. Oh! the people! Weirdo hippies and older folk getting their grove on and making overall mockeries of themselves while the stench of pot wafted thought the fresh Oregon July air. Normal looking people were scattered here and there, but for the most part it was pure portland weirdo awesomeness.
Then, the fireworks. Firework planners apparently forgot to plan because the fireworks went off behind one of the stages (our stage) where half the crowd couldn't see them. So, we migrated to a semi-good viewing point and overall, really I must say, I had a great time. I'm realizing any family/ out of the house/try new adventurey things time for me is happy time and my mom, her husband, my brother, his GF, my nephew, husband and son were there. Happy, happy, loud, family day. Olin got to stay up way too late and I got to get nice and tipsy (don't worry matt drove home). 'Merica!
Brother and his gf

 BUUuuBBLLLEEESSSS!
Grandma and Grandpa








I wish I woulda captured more of the weirdos, but this will have to do. At least I will forever have mental pics.
Beautiful Portland waterfront

Boom. Noooot a great firework photographer, but as you can see, my view was compromised.


Mass Exedous. Gotta Love those




No comments:

Post a Comment