Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Easy-peasy pistachio pudding

When I don't have that much time... or money... or desire to cook and I need a dish to take to a friends barbecue or family gathering, I usually make this SUPER easy and delicious pudding. And that's just what I did for my friends birthday/ housewarming party this past weekend. My grandma brought this to thanksgiving every year when I was little and I always loved it! I really do love to cook and bake, but sometimes I just want to whip something easy up and with this recipe you literally just combine the ingredients together-- no waiting, baking, frying or basically anything-ing.


What you need:


2 packages pistachio pudding
1 can fruit cocktail
2-3 cups marshmallows
2 cups milk
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1-2 cups whipped cream (optional)


** to make slightly healthier (this is a liberal use of the word) use almond milk and freshly chopped fruit


Directions:


Combine dry pudding and milk. Beat for about 1 min. Drain fruit cocktail then add to pudding. Add marshmallows. Add whipped cream. Add chopped walnuts. Mix! The end! So easy!


Pictorial directions:


What you need (minus walnuts and whipped cream):






Combined pic:
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment