Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Yummy Lunch Smoothie

This delish green smoothie was my lunch today. It's a VERY simple, healthy and easy recipe. 
Normally I use my (vita-mix) to completely blend (pulverize) the ingredients in my smoothies, but when I'm feelin' a little lazy and don't want to clean all the parts of the vita-mix, I just use my handy-dandy Magic Bullet. The texture isn't necessarily the same-- the vita-mix just blends things so well and makes smoothies, well, really smooth-- but either way the drink turns out pretty darn delicious. This smoothie is packed with protein and gives me a great mid-day boost.

Ingredients (Amounts should and will change based on the amount of smoothie you want to make. Mine only yielded about a cup and a half):
1/2 cup Almond milk
2 tablespoon peanut butter
1 tablespoon honey
1 cup spinach
1/2 a container greek yogurt
1 small frozen banana

Directions: Blend all ingredients in mixer. Consume. 

Vita-mix (optional):
 Pictorial process:

4 comments:

  1. I'm obsessed with smoothies, even if I haven't had one in a while. Last time I made one, all we had were blueberries, spinach, carrot and a little apple juice. Not the best smoothie ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, yeah that doesn't exactly sound fantastic, but ditto on the smoothies obsession :)

      Delete
  2. I and quite obcessed with healthy protein smoothies at the moment and have just recently discovered the awesomeness of peanut butter! I always add cinnamon and shredded coconut to add natural sweetness :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooohhh.. good idea. Cinnamon and coconut would be such great additions!

      Delete