Thursday, August 23, 2012

Leavenworth, Washington Part II

The concluding pictures of our Leavenworth adventure!

Adorable farm/ family activity center, Smallwood's Harvest:







A few examples of our meals/ the fine Germanic cuisine. I cannot believe there aren't more food pics! I guess we were too busy gorging our faces to stop for pictures.


I swear we only have time for board/card/competitive games during vacations. Sad. And I won of course. 



Some of the things Olin did included rock sitting, building a "train" of pillows around our cottage, hiding behind a chair, & covering himself in dirt:


See!!? We did NOT need to buy these things! Although, I am weirdly proud that these were some of our ridiculous vacation purchases.





Beautiful Lake Wenatchee:






Taylor Bridge forest fire on the drive home. It burned over 23,000 acres and destroyed 30+ homes. I've never been this close to such a large & destructive fire. We definitely had that whole morbid curiosity thing happening-- it was such a sad thing to witness, yet we couldn't take our eyes off of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment